Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, June 5, 2010

My BEA Recap: Part 3

[Check out Part 1 and Part 2.]


Day 2 in NYC - evening

On Wednesday evening I attended the Harper Collins Book Blogger Reception. A HUGE thank you goes to the people at Harper Collins for organizing this – it was a wonderful way to connect with them and with other bloggers, and I had an absolute blast.


Sheila @ Book Journey, Nat aka Tanabata @ In Spring It Is The Dawn – she came all the way from Japan!, Natasha @ Maw Books, Jen @ Devourer of Books, Barbara @ Reading Group Choices, and Swapna @ S. Krishna’s Books


Alison @ Alison's Book Marks, Natasha @ Maw Books, Amy @ My Friend Amy



Me and Carey @ The Tome Traveller


After the event ended I had a late dinner with Barbara, Sheila and Reagan. It was the perfect dinner – not too pricey, a quiet restaurant, and excellent bookish conversation. Heading home, we found it impossible to get a cab so we just kept on walking. Here are a few action shots from our late-night stroll …

 Sheila

Reagan

I’d expected to be cabbing it both to and from the event so I had worn my heels. After a few blocks I had to take them off – oh the horror! But oh the relief!

me

After my under-5-hours of sleep the night before and being on the go since 4:50am, I finally hit my bed around midnight.

TO BE CONTINUED ...

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I had been able to go to the Harper Collins event - but alas, I wasn't in NYC yet. I'm also jealous of all the pictures you took! I brought my camera but I think I only remembered to take like 4 photos!

Beth F said...

It was a great event. I'm so glad I left my heels at home (my one pair! I never, ever dress up).

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

I never did see the twitter pics until just now Heather - they are fun!

Robin M said...

Sounds like a lot of fun. I'm putting it on my calendar for next year. :)

Amanda said...

I so wish I was there! You look like you had fun.

That is a lesson I learned early on living there -- always wear good walking shoes. I've been on quite the walk without knowing beforehand I was going to. Everyone I worked with also wore flipflops/tennis shoes/etc to work and then changed into their heels there. I only wear heels if they are larger, like on my boots so they don't stick in the grates and my nice shoes are always flats. Sigh..memories :)

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Heather, it was so great to experience BEA through your posts and others. Loved all the photos!

Trisha said...

One time in Las Vegas, my feet were hurting so bad I ended up shoeless on the sidewalk, so don't feel bad. Sometimes you have to deal with the dirt to save yourself some pain! :)

Allie said...

I love reading all of your posts. Perhaps I can make it out there next year!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

dollygurl - I'm glad I got to meet you at BBC even though you didn't make it to this event!

Beth F - It was lots of fun, wasn't it?!

Sheila - Glad you like them - that was a fun walk. :)

Robin - YAY! I hope you really can attend - it would be great to meet you.

Amanda - Ah yes, I SHOULD have brought flip flops for the walk there and back, but I didn't realize getting a cab was so hard. :(

Diane - I'm glad you're enjoying them. I hope it's not overkill, but I love sharing about my trip ...

Trisha - Yeah, I figured it would all wash off anyway. ;)

Allie - Definitely try to attend - it is SO worth it!

bermudaonion said...

The HC party was loads of fun!! I wore flat, comfortable shoes and my feet were still tired every night.

Serena said...

I think I was too bushed to have fun at HC. I had a hard time focusing on conversation and was having a hard time with the close quarters. I think that's the downfall of a fear of enclosed spaces.

Loved the photos you took.

Miss Remmers said...

Love it! :) It was so great meeting you!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

bermudaonion - I wore flats every other time so heels should have been fine that night - it was the lack of a cab that did me in ...

Serena - I'm in my element in places like that so it was a blast for me. Sorry you weren't having a great time. :(

Miss Remmers - It was great to meet you as well! I'm enjoying getting to know your blog now.

Michelle said...

Harper Collins was so generous weren't they? Rebecca and I had the same issue you all did after the party though, no cab. Thankfully our hotel was only a few blocks away so we could hoof it.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Michelle - Harper Collins were EXCELLENT in regard to book bloggers - I was so impressed with them!

Anonymous said...

Boy, you were brave to take your shoes off and walk the streets!

We were too exhausted so we didn't stay too long at the HarperCollins party, which means we unfortunately didn't get to meet and chat with too many people. I almost dozed off standing up that's how tired I was.

Looks like you had a wonderful time!

--Anna

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Anna - Ok, is it bad when I start laughing hysterically over the "walk the streets" comment?! :)

The Tome Traveller said...

So MUCH FUN to meet you and get to chat! It was definitely one of my highlight of BEA!

Carey

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Carey - For me too! Hope we can do it again next year! :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Carey - For me too! Hope we can do it again next year! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin