The rules are simple: read 10 books from the 1,001 Books list within the next 10 months. No problem, I can do that!
Here's my list, along with some comments:
- The Moor’s Last Sigh, Salman Rushdie - I've never read anything by him, but a friend recommended this one
- A Fine Balance, Rohinton Mistry - it was already on my TBR list
- Cannery Row, John Steinbeck - been meaning to get to this one for years
- Uncle Tom’s Cabin, Harriet Beecher Stowe - can you believe I've never actually read this?!
- Phineas Finn, Anthony Trollope - I just liked the title and the author's name
- Some Experiences of an Irish RM, E. Somerville - Irish history is a hobby for me
- The Age of Innocence, Edith Wharton - been meaning to get to this for a while
- Mrs. 'Arris Goes to Paris, Paul Gallico - according to the summary, this is fun and easy, and I thought I might need it!
- 100 Years of Solitude, Gabriel Garcia Marques - been on my TBR list for a long time
- Herzog, Saul Bellow - wanted to read this since I finished Reading Lolita in Tehran
And here are some alternates, in case I get bored or finish too soon: