Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Summary: May

Now that I'm really into this whole blogging thing it seems like I'm reading more too! Maybe the what they say about a tree falling in the forest blah, blah, blah is the same for a blog without a community. When I was blogging just for myself it wasn't NEARLY as much fun as it is now. ;)

So here's what I've done this month:

Books - 7 (2,689 pages)

The Book Club Companion (352 pages)
Elantris (646 pages)
Year of Wonders (336 pages)
The Good Earth (344 pages)
The Avengers: A Jewish War Story (261 pages)
Water for Elephants (350 pages)
Stone Creek (400 pages)

Audiobooks - 0 (sort of)

I've been too busy at work to listen to audio books recently. I am still working through The Wheel of Time audio books though (see my sidebar for more on this). At the moment I'm on Book 7. There are 24 CD in this book which is causing a problem for me. It's not the # of CDs - usually there are more - it the fact that they ARE CDs. My car only has a cassette player but my library didn't have this particular book on cassette (it does have all the others though). SO ... I have to listen to this book at home amid the rest of my life, which isn't so easy.

Currently Reading - 2 books

Expect reviews soon for King Solomon's Mines and Cane River.

All in all, this has been a good month for me. Yea!

5 comments:

Lezlie said...

Hi! The first three books of WoT are some of my favorite books. I hate to say it, but every book in the series after that bored me to tears. I still listened to them all though, and will dutifully listen to the last one when it comes out. I hadn't heard who was finishing it, so thanks for the info!

I'm currently listening my way through Terry Goodkind's "Sword of Truth" series which, with all due respect to Robert Jordan, I do like better on the whole. I'm on The Pillars of Creation right now, which I think is about Book 8.

Lezlie

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Lezlie - Thanks for dropping by! I do understand your complaints about WoT. I got frustrated myself with the slower pace of the later books, especially considering the time between publication of each book. But on the whole I truly love this series and I can't wait to finally read the final episode!

Kristine said...

I'm an avid reader myself, although with two boys the time has been a bit limited recently.

I tend to have two going at once...and upstairs book and a downstairs book.

DC said...

I just started reading "Water for Elephants" and can't wait to stop back in and read your thoughts on the book.

Nicky said...

Here from NaComLeavMo. If you like fantasy, and books with catchy titles, I leave you to go find "The Hollow Chocolate Bunnies of the Apocalypse" by Robert Rankin (? I think...?). Enjoy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin