Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Sunday, May 25, 2008

What Book Are You?

Today is Memorial Day and I'm out celebrating with my family. I posted my Memorial Day thoughts on Friday in case I didn't get to the computer today. Click here if you'd like to read that post. I also did another post in memorial of a fallen soldier.

I'm happily awaiting the mail these days, since I've got 5 - count 'em, FIVE! - books on the way to me! Thanks to bookclubgirl, I'm getting a copy of Stone Creek (actually it arrived on Friday - woohoo!). Thanks to Lisa Roe (onlinebookpublicist) I'm getting Live Your Road Trip Dream and Why the Wind Blows to review. And by using my points at PaperbackSwap I'm getting Cane River and The Planets. Those are a few of the reviews you can expect to see over the next month or two. Plus all the books I ALREADY have need to be read as well. Hmmm ... where will I find the time? No worries - I'm sure I can handle it!

So I took this quiz to find out what kind of book I am (how much fun is that?!). Turns out, I'm The Guns of August. Who new?! I've never read this before, but I did do an audio book by Barbara Tuchman which I thought was fascinating. And I do completely agree with the description of me ... pretty cool, huh?




You're The Guns of August!

by Barbara Tuchman

Though you're interested in war, what you really want to know is what
causes war. You're out to expose imperialism, militarism, and nationalism for what they
really are. Nevertheless, you're always living in the past and have a hard time dealing
with what's going on today. You're also far more focused on Europe than anywhere else in
the world. A fitting motto for you might be "Guns do kill, but so can
diplomats."



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



If you do the quiz, post a link to your results in the comment section, or just let me know what book you are.

11 comments:

judy said...

NaComLeavMo
I am totally reading this! Thanks

Anonymous said...

Interesting quiz, Heather. Here's a link to what book I am.

As for The Guns of August, I wish I were that book-- or even better yet, The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich by William Shirer.

Anonymous said...

I'm a NaComLeavMo visitor as well. Totally underwhelmed by the quiz answer to what book I am ("The Poisonwood Bible") so am choosing my own. Because I can.

I'd like to be "The Phantom Tollbooth"

Anonymous said...

Howdy from NaComLeavMo!

How interesting! :)

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Korechronicles - thanks for stopping by. I LOVE the Poisonwood Bible (see my post about it)... that would probably be my 2nd choice (seeing as I'm happy with The Guns of August!). But of course the Tollbooth is a classic too. :)

Rachel said...

Visiting from NCLM:

I read a lot, but I can't believe I haven't read a single book you listed. Guess I'll have to add them to my list.

momofonefornow said...

Hi, I'm over from NaComLeavMo. My book is Babar the King. I think it was pretty spot on. The only thing that I question is the suggestion that I love the name Celeste. I truly have no feelings one way or another about that.

Anyway, cool quiz and post!

Beth A. said...

Yet another NaComLeavMo visitor (and always happy to find a fellow fantasy book lover). I'm Cry the Beloved Country, which is something I never would have thought of yet surprisingly accurate.

Anonymous said...

Visiting from NCLM: mine came out as Lolita! What! No that one is not me ... but I enjoyed taking the quiz.

Have you read anything by Georgette Heyer? She wrote some amazing historical romance - no sex scenes but fantastic language, character, plots - etc - it is a whole other world. I find people either love her (like I do) or completely miss the humour in it. She writes with pretty sophisticated language and turns of phrase, so some find it more difficult to read. But honestly she is an amazing writer. I hope you will check her out if you haven't already. Some of my favourites are "Venetia" and "The Grand Sophy"

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

I've had so much fun with this - I'm glad you all did as well. I had my family do the quiz too. My mom is "The Confessions of St. Augustine" and it SO fits who she is. Of course, my husband is "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" ... what does THAT tell you?!

Bybee said...

Barbara Tuchman is definitely one of those authors I keep meaning to read. Almost got it done about a year and a half ago, then stupidly left A Distant Mirror in a hotel room. When I went back, it was gone.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin