Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, May 29, 2008

How did YOU start your book club?

I recently did a guest post over at Books on the Brain about why I love my book club. Lisa is doing a series on that topic and I've loved reading the posts so far. I spent some time reading through the comments and it seems that everyone else is enjoying them too!

But I did notice one thing ... many commenters lamented the fact they they can't find a book club to join, or don't know how to go about starting one. So I thought "Why not do a post on how to start a book club?!"

What I'd like to do is hear from all of you out there. If you're in a book club, how did you find it? If you started one, how did you do it? Do you have any tips or suggestions for a person who wants to find or start a book club? Any do's or don'ts that you want to share?

I know that there is a wealth of info out there ... I just need to pull it OUT of all of you and put it INTO some kind of usable format! :) So please contact me with your ideas. You can post them in the comment section or email me at SharingMyStory at yahoo dot com. Once I get all the info organized I'll get the post up.

If you'd like to contribute, please contact me by June 12 (but sooner is better!). I hope to have the post ready to go later that week.

By the way, the photos are from some my book club's meetings. Can you tell we have lots of fun?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Heather.. great pictures!! I wrote a post a while back on how to start a book club. Here it is:

http://lisamm.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/be-trendy-start-a-book-club/

Blog Widget by LinkWithin