Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Azar Nafisi Intervied by Washington Post

A gal in my book club just forwarded me this link to an interview published today on The Washington Post newspaper's website. Azar Nafisi, author of Reading Lolita in Tehran, talks about her upcoming book, Things I've Kept Silent About. This new book is an exploration of her childhood and, according to the interview, sheds light on the experiences she relates in Reading Lolita in Tehran.

My book club read Reading Lolita about a year ago. I recapped the major points we discussed and also linked to other interviews with Nafisi on my book club's blog. And I reviewed it on this blog as well.

I found this new interview - and the premise of the upcoming book - to be very interesting. What do you think about it?

2 comments:

Alyce said...

I'm looking forward to reading this book. I really enjoyed Reading Lolita in Tehran.

Amy said...

I haven't read Reading Lolita in Tehran, but I saw her speak this year and thought it was fantastic. I hope to read both books at some point.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin