Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday Finds 01/23/09


For once, I actually have a short list!
  1. War on the Margins, by Libby Cone - a look at the English Channel Islands during WWII's German occupation - sounds a bit like that Guerney book, right? Myrthe thought so too.

  2. Coventry, by Helen Humphries - my Gram lived in Coventry during the bombings (in WWII) and I've heard stories from her all my life - this is a must read for me - I found the link to this review on the War Through The Generations challenge blog

  3. How To Be Like Walt, by Pat Williams - the inspiring story of Walt Disney's life - 5 Minutes for Books had good things to say, and being a Disney fanatic I'm sure I'd enjoy this one
As always, MizB's blog has links to lots more Friday Finds so hop on over there.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would like to get hold of the Walt book!

:D

My finds

Anonymous said...

Oh, I hadn't heard of the Walt Disney book, but it sure does look good.

Anonymous said...

I'm interested in the Walt Disney book too! You gotta respect the guy for building such an empire!

Beth F said...

Thanks for posting the Guernsey novel. I hadn't heard of that one. I lived in Guernsey for the better part of a year in the year in 1984, so I'm definitely going to be looking into that.

Ti said...

My son just did a book report on Walt Disney. He had a very interesting life even pre-Disneyland. I found him to be quite fascinating. Enjoy the book.

Alyce said...

War on the Margins sounds good, especially after reading the Guernsey book.

Eidin said...

My mom was a small child living in England during WWII. I bet she'd find the first two of your finds interesting.

Anna said...

Those all sound good!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

avisannschild said...

I totally want to read the first two you mentioned!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin