Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Meeting Bloggers IRL (in real life)!

Since I began blogging about a year ago, I’ve had the opportunity to actually meet several people I first *met* through their blogs. I wrote about my meeting with Shana but I don’t think I mentioned that I also met two local bloggers (Amy and another gal who blogs anonymously) who have since joined my book club.

Last weekend I had the chance to meet two more bloggers, Anna and Serena. They are the brains behind the wonderful War Through the Generations challenge blog. We got together for lunch at the local Panera and spent two hours chatting about books, blogs, and life in general. It was lots of fun!

If anyone else happens to be in my area (Baltimore/Annapolis, Maryland) I’d love to meet you as well. It is always fun to put a face and a voice to the personality I know from a blog.

10 comments:

Anna said...

I had a wonderful time, Heather! The time just flew by with all the chatting that was going on. We need to get together again some time!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

How cool! I would love to meet Anna and Serena! They seem like they would be so much fun to meet. Meeting bloggers in real life is fun. Lot's to talk about!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it fun to meet bloggers IRL? I have never met any bookbloggers IRL, but I have met quite a few from the Armenian blogosphere and some have become good friends. For me that is one of the best things about blogging, the people you get to know.

Serena said...

I'm glad you had fun too. I thought maybe we scared you! LOL

I loved chatting about those horror movies and books, naturally.

We should do it again...maybe somewhere in Columbia...I think they have a La Madeline!

avisannschild said...

I agree, it's really fun to meet other book bloggers in real life. I meet with three other bloggers on a monthly basis now!

bermudaonion said...

I'm going to have lunch with some bloggers on Saturday and I can't wait.

Alyce said...

How wonderful that you've been able to meet so many bloggers in real life! It's too bad I'm not in the Baltimore area.

avisannschild said...

I trust you'll blog about your lunch, Kathy!

Suey said...

How fun to meet those two! After meeting some bloggers myself a few weeks ago, I now have a craving to meet everyone!

Anonymous said...

Very fun! Here's a shout out to anyone who's coming to the Boston area ...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin