Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

In the Words of Kiddo ...

This is totally not book related but it it TOO FUNNY not to share with you!

You know when you sing a song and you THINK you know the words? Take this song for example ...



Kiddo and I were watching Alvin and the Chipmunks the other night and we both started singing along to "Funky Town", the part that goes "Talk about it, talk about it, talk about it, talk about it! Talk about, talk about, talk about movin'!"

Ok, well, that is was "I" was singing.

Kiddo was singing "Taco baby, taco baby, taco baby, taco baby! Taco Bell, Taco Bell, Taco Bell movin'!"

I had to pause the show so I could make sure I heard him right. And yep, I did!

I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. Luckily kiddo thought it was pretty funny too 'cause I would have had REAL difficultly not laughing if he had gotten upset - it was just so funny!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha, that was seriously funny. It actually does rhyme. I love this movie and the songs too but I can never quite sing along. I never could figure out the lyrics :)

Anonymous said...

That's priceless! I wrote a post about this phenomenon a while back...suffice it to say, I spent the first 24 years of my life thinking that the words to Mrs. Robinson were "put it in your pants or in your cupcakes" instead of "put it in your pantry with your cupcakes." My husband almost drove off the road when he heard me singing that.

Anonymous said...

For your morning entertainment: http://www.kissthisguy.com/

My favorite misheard lyric story was my college roommate. We were listening to the Venga Boys, "We like to party". They line goes: "Venga Boys are back in town." She heard, and sang loudly, "Send your voices back in time!"

Amanda said...

Hahaha that is too cute. I'd have been rolling with laughter. :)

Ti said...

I actually had my kids' hearing checked once because the two of them do this stuff all the time. So cute. You have to write that up in his scrapbook.

Alyce said...

That is so funny! Funny stories in the comments too.

My four-year-old changes the words to "Mamma Mia" to "Mama Mia, here we go again, my my lets all do the tango!"

Up until a few years ago I always thought it was "Give me the Beach Boys and save my soul, I want to get lost in your rock and roll and drift away."

Anonymous said...

Woot! Kiddo is the Koolest!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! That could actually be my boyfriend's theme song...he looooooves Taco Bell.

Dreamybee said...

LOL! That's totally cute! I love it when you see the lyrics for something somewhere and realize that you've been singing it wrong for, oh...20 years or so!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin