Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Stephenie Meyer Mini Challenge COMPLETE!

This was by far the easiest challenge I've ever participated in! The rules were to read any two books by Stephenie Meyer before the end of January. I started reading my first book just before Christmas and finished my fourth on Jan. 1. If you haven't read The Twilight Saga, then reading 2,549 pages in just a few days probably sounds nuts to you, but if you have read them then you totally get it.

Here are links to my four reviews: As a bonus, here are my reviews of the movie version of Twilight and the unfinished draft of Midnight Sun.

I said this in my reviews but I'll repeat it here: These books are total fluff, ridiculous in so many ways, but I am totally in love with them.

Thanks Becky for putting together a quick, easy, and FUN mini challenge!


And as a bonus, here's a picture from the Sunday after Christmas at my in-laws house. I'm steadily working my way through New Moon and kiddo is happily playing with his new Nintendo DS.

6 comments:

Ti said...

I am halfway through Twilight now and I am completely caught up with the story. I have said this before but I really don't know why I waited so long to read it.

Anonymous said...

You guys look so happy!

Molly said...

Hi Heather!

I have pretty much decided that I will no longer feel guilty about my bargain purchases -- thanks in part to encouraging comments such as yours. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to post.

Congratulations on all those completed 2008 challenges. I hope I can do half as well in 2009 :)

Happy New Year!

Stephanie said...

My MOM got all the Twilight books for Christmas! LOL She's 54 and working her way through Twilight. I haven't read them yet, but she's going to let me borrow them when she's done. :)

What a cute picture!!!

christina said...

I'm a 7th grade teacher and read Twilight over the summer because I knew it was becoming a hit. For one reason or the next, I put off reading the rest of the series. Come September, one of my student's (who recently finished the whole series) threatened that if I didn't finish the remaining three by October 31st, she would tell me how they ended.

Let me just say how thrilled. Not only did I enjoy the whole series I joke around with the kids who have read it. I have seen students who do not consider themselves "readers" fight over my class set!

Suey said...

I need to get to that Midnight Sun thing one of these days!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin