Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

LOST Challenge (for 2009)


Even though I didn’t finish my reading list for the first LOST Challenge of 2008 I’m signing up for the next one anyway. Amy was kind enough to say we could use any unread books from our first list so that’s a good thing – I only have one left and I really wanted to get to it!

(For those who don't have any idea what I'm talking about, the LOST Challenge is based on the tv show LOST and involves books referenced in the show.)

This time the challenge has its own blog and – get this! – it isn’t just for book reviews. It is for all things Lost related!*

Here’s my reading list for the 2009 Lost Challenge:

  • Moby Dick, by Herman Melville – this is the one I didn’t get to last time, but the audio book is on order from the library and I should be able to start it soon
  • Catch 22, by Joseph Heller - I was never assigned this one in school but I think it is a book that I should have read by now
  • The Pearl, by John Steinbeck - I loved East of Eden, Grapes of Wrath depressed me, and Cannery Row surprised me with the beauty of the writing ... I wonder what this novella will do
  • The Invention of Morel, by Adolfo Bioy Casares - supposedly this book is key to understanding the plot of LOST
  • On the Road, by Jack Kerouac - another classic that I've never read

If you want more info on this challenge hop on over to the LOST Challenge Blog and read all about it. I’m excited … are you?


* I’m assuming there will be legitimate posts on there (like this link to SciFiWire where they give tons of info about the upcoming season of Lost) but I’m thinking my biggest contribution will be the following: I finally let kiddo watch The Lord of the Rings and he got a real kick out of the fact that Charlie from LOST is also Merry the Hobbit.

4 comments:

Ken & Carol said...

On Moby dick: Do we get extra credit for reading or staying awake during the audio of the whale chapters?

Amy said...

Yay! I'm glad you're joining in again. I need to make my list...ha, it will be most of the books from the first go around. ;)

Bybee said...

I'm still trying to get to Catch-22. I loathed On The Road whenever Dean Moriarty was in it, which was often.

Nise' said...

I've got Catch-22 on my list this go round too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin