Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, May 19, 2011

BEA on Tuesday?

If you will be at BEA on Tuesday morning and you'd be willing to pick up a book for me, please let me know.  I really REALLY want Dava Sobel's new book - it's called A MORE PERFECT HEAVEN: HOW NICOLAUS COPERNICUS REVOLUTIONIZED THE COSMOS.  Sobel is one of those amazing authors who writes science as if it were art.  I've written about my love for her writing before so I'm really bummed that I'll miss her talk and the chance to meet her.  She'll be at the Midtown Stage from 10:30-11:00am and then at Booth 3358 between 11:30am-12:30pm. If you are willing to pick me up a copy, I'd really appreciated it!!!

I get to NYC late Tuesday morning and I'm planning to visit the Discovery Museum's Pompeii Exhibit in the afternoon.  I'd love to have company, so if you'd like to take a break from books for a while and wander through history, please let me know.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll try to grab you a copy!
You sent me the package last year, it's the least I could do!

Michelle (Red Headed Book Child) said...

I will be arriving at the same time. I'm bummed I won't be able to see Ice-T. :(

Robin M said...

I so wish I was going. Have Sobel's Longitude sitting on my current pile waiting to be read. Tried reading it on the airplane to AZ but couldn't concentrate. Oh well. Have loads and loads of fun. Look forward to hearing all about it when you get back.

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Laura - Thanks so much - I'd REALLY appreciate it! I'll email you my phone # and you can text me if you get it. :)

Michelle - Yeah, me too - he's fascinating!

Robin - I loved Longitude, and The Planets, and Galileo's Daughter - really I've loved everything I've read by her. I wish you were going too, it would be great to hang out with you!

Shanyn said...

If for some reason Laura can't get it let me know and I can give it a go :)

Florinda said...

I'm planning to try to snag a copy of that one for myself - I just put it on my agenda today!

Unknown said...

I can't get into the city until Wednesday, and I feel like Tuesday is FULL of great authors/talks/books and I'm missing SO much.

In August, we should all have a BEA book swap!

Enjoy the exhibit!

See you Wednesday! (Did I send you my cell #?...I'll send it again before the weekend)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin