Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, May 28, 2011

NYC Friday Recap - BBC portion

For getting only 6 hours of sleep I woke up feeling surprisingly chipper Friday morning.  I had breakfast with some bloggers and an author at the BBC dining area then listened to the opening/keynote speech. Then it was time for the panels. I spent the first two hours flitting back and forth between the panel on time management and the one called Ask the Publisher/Publicist. One of the best things I heard in the P/P panel was that reviews of ARCs can go up whenever the book is available for preorder - now THAT is helpful to know.

I ate lunch with Raych from books i done read and her lovely artist sister. This made me very happy as Raych was one of the people I most wanted to meet in person.

After lunch it was time for my panel on the Grey Areas of Blogging. I hope someone took pictures because I didn't.  I'll write up a summary of what we discussed and post it later this week, but for now I'll say that it went smoothly and I hope people got something out of it.

The final panels of the day were on technology and niche blogs. I spent some time in each one but also hung out chatting with a few lovely bloggers.  Then it was time to go. SAY WHAT?!?! I cannot believe the day went by so fast.

Pictures:
- Meg @ Write Meg! & Ana @ Book Smugglers
- Raych @ books i done read, me, & Jenn @ Jenn's Bookshelves



9 comments:

Amanda said...

Glad your panel went well! I remember being so nervous on my panel last year, and I wasn't even the moderator!

Melissa said...

Your panel was great! I took a few pictures (they turned out not so great) but I'll put them up on my blog nonetheless. Glad you got to meet Raych (I really wanted to meet her too, but alas ... not enough time.)

Glad we had a few minutes to say a quick hello too!

Jenn's Bookshelves said...

It was so great to spend time with you our last night in NY! We really must get together more often!

Bybee said...

Soooo lucky to meet The Raych!

Ash said...

BBC went by way too fast. It was great to see you and you were fabulous on your panel. Probably the best moderator I saw all day. :)

Alyce said...

It sounds like a fabulous time!

Joy Weese Moll said...

It was wonderful to meet you! The Gray Areas panel was stellar and you did a terrific job moderating it.

Meg @ write meg! said...

Cuteness! I tried to remember to take lots of photos everywhere I went, but I slacked off a little in the middle (that often happens to me). I'm going to try and write up a summary of our panel, too!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Amanda - I actually wasn't nervous at all ... honestly I enjoy stuff like this (and yes, I know I'm crazy!).

Melissa - I'm glad you enjoyed the panel, but what a bummer that you didn't meet Raych!

Jenn - Definitely. And we need to not just SAY it, we need to DO it.

Bybee - I consider myself quite honored to have met The Raych. ;)

Ash - It was great to meet you last week! And thanks so much. *blushes*

Alyce - Hopefully you can join us one of these years - you are one of those bloggers that I REALLY want to meet!

Joy - Thanks! It was lovely to meet you as well.

Meg - I'm looking forward to your panel summary - I only got to see a little of it.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin