Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Upcoming Event: Gaithersburg Book Festival

For those in the MD/DC/VA area, do you have plans for this Saturday? If not, you should check out the Gaithersburg Book Festival!

Gaithersburg Book Festival Logo


The quick rundown:
-- appearances and signings by more than 60 authors, including dozens of national/New York Times best-sellers; winners of the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Award, the Newbery Medal; and many excellent up-and-comers.  
-- workshops for aspiring writers and children
-- a Children’s Village full of fun readings and activities for the little ones
-- a Coffee House, where you’ll have a chance to sit back, relax, and enjoy a day’s worth of poetry, stories, and song
-- a slew of vendors

Get all the details at the Festival website: 


4 comments:

Barbara said...

Hi Heather,

I will be there. Let's meet up! I'll email you. Barbara

Lenasledgeblog.com said...

I sure wish I could attend. But I don't live close enough. But maybe next year, I can plan ahead. Thanks for spreading the word.

Sarah said...

Ooh! I live right next to Gaithersburg! I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip.

Robin M said...

I really wish we lived on the east coast. Sounds like fun!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin