Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Friday, May 27, 2011

NYC Thursday Recap

Today I slept in and it was glorious. I had breakfast around 9:30am and made it to BEA around 10:30am. I wanted to get a book about Hank Williams so that was my one planned stop. After that I worked my way through every.single.row in the convention center. It was fantastic!  I got to see everything that was there and had a chance to talk with lots of new contacts at various publishers. This was the highlight of my time at BEA. I'll tell you about the books when I'm back at home - I finally found some interesting and unusual books that really appealed to me.

At 1pm I met up with a group, of bloggers and hiked a ridiculously long way through the city to have a lovely relaxing lunch. By the time we got back to the convention center it was time for the Book Blogger Convention reception.  It was a mix and mingle event with bloggers, authors, and publishing people.  It was here that I finally got to meet Raych from books i done read - woohoo!

From here I headed to a bar with some people from Tor and other publishers. That was an experience deserving of it's own blog post, which I promise to write once I'm home.

Today involved lots of cab rides, hence the picture of the view from the cab.

My next event was dessert at Serendipity with JKS Communications and some of their authors and bloggers. I had the chance to talk to author Chitoka Webb and found her to be a wonderful lady. I'm hoping to check out her memoir soon. (That's us in the very bad picture below.) My roommate Megan got a frozen hot chocolate - yum.

I was back to the hotel by 10:30pm, in bed by 11:30pm, and reading CROSSED until 12:30am.

BOOK BLOGGER CONVENTION TOMORROW!





4 comments:

Amanda said...

Mmm...frozen hot chocolate...

Alyce said...

Your day sounds exhausting and fabulous.

Ryan said...

I'm glad you are having so much fun!

Esme said...

You look a little little Natasha from Maw Books.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin