Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, December 29, 2008

My Sick-On-The-Couch Movie List

Sorry for the long absence here. First kiddo was down with the flu, then Christmas arrived, then I got tonsillitis (of all things!) complete with a VERY high fever that kept me on the couch for 24 hours. I was too sick even to read … *GASP* … so I spent the day watching movies. Here was the line up:
  • Hairspray (the musical) – had never seen it, enjoyed it more than I expected to
  • Oceans Thirteen – had never seen it, enjoyed it just like the other “Ocean” movies
  • break for a nap
  • Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee – watched it for the 2nd time, still just as moving as the first time – BONUS: it is based on a true story and the main character wrote several books … they’re going on my TBR list!
  • Ghost Rider – had never seen it, enjoyed it, especially since I love that song
  • break to make a bowl of soup
  • Last of the Mohican’s – Director’s Cut – I can’t count how many times I’ve seen this, but the Director’s Cut had 12 extra scenes! Besides, this is a movie I can watch over and over again

I was able to read the next day and I have several book reports to post within the next day or two. Hopefully I can catch up on all of YOUR blogs as well!

6 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh it sounds like my kind of day. Tons of movies, soup...o yeah. And I LOVE The Last of the Mohicans...one of my top favorites.

Literary Feline said...

Ugh! I hope you are feeling better, Heather. That's a good stuck on the couch because of illness movie list.

Ti said...

I hope you feel better. Probably good that you took it easy. Hope Kiddo is feeling better too.

Dreamybee said...

Ugh, sorry you guys were so sick-hope you're feeling better now!

I love Ghost Riders in the Sky! My dad plays guitar, and when I was growing up he would sit in the living room and play and sing at night. This was one of the songs he used to sing, and it was one of my favorites. His version had considerably less whooping and hollering though! After hearing my dad perform for all those years, I was quite disenchanted with the first recorded version I ever heard-they just weren't doing it right! This Johnny Cash version was pretty good though. :)

Bybee said...

Sorry you were ill...I loved the part of Hairspray where John Travolta and Christopher Walken danced together. Saw it at the cinema last year and I was nearly ROTFLMAO in the aisles!

Anonymous said...

Heather, sorry you've been sick. Hope you are better now. I love Last of the Mohicans. I've seen it so many times and still find it just wonderful. Never read the book. Don't think it would be the same. No Daniel Day Lewis. Ha!

I'm back to posting on my blog now. Please stop by when you get a chance. I'd love to hear from you.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin