Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Monday, December 22, 2008

Showing Off My Nerdiness ...

I've already confessed that I'm (ashamedly) addicted to the whole Twilight phenomenon.* Now I'm telling you how much I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie. Check out this trailer! (For those in Google Reader, you may have to come over to my blog to see it.)





So now you know the truth - I'm a total nerd for sci-fi stuff!



And, I'm very saddened to add, Majel Barrett Rodenberry, the talent behind Nurse Chapel, Lwaksana Troi, and the everpresent voice of the Enterprise's computer, passed away recently. You can read more about her here. She provided the computer's voice in this latest Star Trek movie as well; I'm so glad, because it just wouldn't have been the same without her.

* I FINALLY got a copy of Twilight from a friend last night - reading it will be my holiday treat to myself!

7 comments:

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I'm (overly) excited about your review for Twilight. I'll warn you though, that you can't read just one. They're highly addictive :-)

kellyrae said...

Seriously - I predict you'll be done with all 4 by Friday.

Alyce said...

I'm a Star Trek nerd too. I'm so excited that there's a new movie, and wish that The Next Generation crew would have another movie also.

Ok, I don't admit this to that many people, because most of them make fun, but I was the secretary of our high school Star Trek club.

Florinda said...

We saw the trailer for the new Star Trek a few weeks ago, and it has both my husband (especially) and me psyched for the movie!

It's fortunate that Majel Barrett Roddenberry got her voice recording done for the movie before she passed away, but if it gets a sequel, hearing a different voice from the ship's computer will seem VERY strange. She's been THE link in every Star Trek production for over 40 years.

Beth A. said...

I'm really looking forward to the new Star Trek movie too. I'm hoping bringing in some new blood and a new perspective will help reinvigorate the franchise a bit.

It was awfully sad to hear about Majel Barrett Roddenberry. It seems very appropriate though that the computer voice in this movie will be her final role.

The Bookworm said...

I'm looking forward to the new Star Trek movie too!

http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Suey said...

I too am very excited for this movie. I'm especially curious to see how Zachary Quinto does as Spock.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin