Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Show & Tell: Funny Christmas Songs

I've got lots of reading and reviewing to catch up on, but I'm taking a few minutes of my regularly scheduling blogging to bring you Show & Tell with Mel. To see what the rest of the class is showing, hop over here.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I love Christmas. I love the lights, the sights, the music, the family get-togethers, the "Reason for the Season" - everything.

But I must admit, I really love silly Christmas songs. Here are five of my favorites. Do you have any others to add?


The Muppets sing the 12 Days of Christmas - Miss Piggy has always been my favorite muppet and she definitely is the highlight of this song




Crabs for Christmas - if you're not from Maryland, you've likely never heard this one before - steamed crabs are a HUGE thing in Maryland (that is the one food we're known for) - this song always makes me laugh - the accent a Maryland thing too, although most of us don't actually talk like that (but I DO know people that do!)




I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas - this song makes me laugh every time - my sister hates it though, and she thinks I'm a bit off my rocker for liking it




All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth - this is a classic and I love it, especially knowing the story behind it - great, huh?




The Chipmunks Christmas Song - the original version was a childhood favorite of mine, and the new movie version is one my son loves - I sing along in my chipmunk voice whenever either version comes on the radio in my car



Am I the only nut who loves this stuff?!

19 comments:

Kristin said...

You aren't the only one who love silly Christmas songs (although I avoid Alvin and the Chipmunks). You have to check out this song Christmas Balls

Baby Smiling In Back Seat said...

Several of those are in my holiday playlist, though I think if All I Want for Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth came on, my husband would run screaming out of the house. He can tolerate the Muppets -- which is good, or we would have big problems.

AnotherDreamer said...

I used to enjoy them... especially the Chipmunks.

The Steadfast Warrior said...

That's so funny you posted the Chipmunks as DH is in a barbershop chorus and they had a gig today and taka guess at what they sung... I showed him the clip and we had a laugh at the old animation. Ahh, good times! :)

Wishing 4 One said...

Wow those were great! Can't say that I heard all of them....thanks for sharing.

'Murgdan' said...

Ah! I LOVE it! Thanks for putting these together. :-)

Sam said...

I haven't heard of all those songs, but they sound great to me! It's a shame that we can only listen to them one month out of twelve (unless you are prepared to get funny looks!)

areyoukiddingme said...

I love Miss Piggy! Great songs.

Rebecca (Ramblings by Reba) said...

I love this stuff, too... :)

Cara said...

Ahhh- sweet memories! I had that John Denver LP (yes the LP) as a child! Every Christmas my dad and I would get it spinning and dance to the music of the muppets!

Dreamybee said...

LOL-How can anybody NOT want a hippopotamus for Christmas?

Have you seen this video of a baby pygmy hippo?
http://mfrost.typepad.com/cute_overload/2008/11/warshing-mini-s.html

Ruth King said...

"Me, I want a hulaaaa hoop!"

I absolutely adore all of these, with the exception of All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth. I would like it if not for the fact that I lost both of my front teeth not long before Christmas when I was seven, and I got sick of people asking me if all I wanted was my two front teeth that year! It was neat to finally learn the story behind the song though.

Anonymous said...

That's a great list, but it's not complete without Cartman singing O Holy Night on South Park. That's one not to be missed.

battynurse said...

Oh no, you're not the only one who enjoys them. I do too. There's the one "there's something stuck up in the chimney". Lots and lots of great silly christmas songs.

*T* said...

GREAT songs! I love the Hippopotamus for Christmas song!! I've always just had to sing it to DH from memory but I am going to show him your youtube video!

Kathleen said...

I don't know the Crabs for Christmas as you said I probably wouldn't but I know and love all the rest. They play the hippo song on the radio (the station that plays christmas music)

Kathleen said...

Okay you inspired me to share three OTHER funny xmas songs here

Dreamybee said...

And just in time for Christmas...
http://holy-cuteness.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-arrival-at-berlin-zoo.html

Dreamybee said...

And just in time for Christmas...
http://holy-cuteness.blogspot.com/2008/12/new-arrival-at-berlin-zoo.html

Blog Widget by LinkWithin