Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Read Alexander McCall Smith online now!

Are you a fan of the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency book? I have yet to read them, but I've heard good things. So I was excited to receive this email from an online PR group:
I'm currently working with the Telegraph, on a project by Alexander McCall Smith (author of No 1 Ladies Detective Agency). As you blog about all things fiction, I thought you might be interested. The author is writing an online novel on the Telegraph site, called 'Corduroy Mansions', with a new chapter written each day. The project started in September, and will finish in February. You can catch up online at www.telegraph.co.uk/onlinenovel

I thought you and your readers would be interested in this, as you keep your site updated with industry news and book reviews. I understand the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series is also quite popular in America, and has been filmed as a TV series with HBO.

Corduroy Mansions has been running for a few weeks, and it's easy to catch up. You can read the chapters on the site, as an rss feed or email update, as a downloadable
widget, or you can follow the project on Twitter www.twitter.com/corduroymansion

What do you think? Have you heard of this? Is it something you're clicking over to read right now?! I'd love to hear your thoughts.

3 comments:

Alyce said...

I heard about it through the PR email too. I think it sounds interesting, and I have good intentions of reading it, but I just haven't had time to follow through yet. I love Alexander McCall Smith's writing.

Sarah said...

I heard about the online book - and I really like Alexander McCall Smith, and want to read it. But the thought of reading a whole book online makes my eyes hurt!

Amy said...

I love the detective agency books, but I've read some of his other stuff and just never gotten into it. I'm not that tempted to read a book solely online...I love the feel of the book in my hands!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin