Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What's on YOUR Nightstand? (the Dec. '08 edition)



It's that time again, time for the once-monthly "What''s on your nightstand?" carnival! And just in time for Christmas too. So here we go ...




*** With Me Wherever I Go ***


Twilight, by Stephanie Meyer - yes, I know, I'm late to hop on the bandwagon here! But I HAVE seen the movie (*sigh*) and I HAVE read Midnight Sun (*fluttering heart*) and I am embarrassingly addicted to this series. I breezed through the first 140 page last night before kiddo's flu turned into the throwing up kind. I wasn't reading much after that, needless to say. But on the bright side, kiddo being sick means that we can't go to several holiday parties which means more time for me to read - YES! (Really, I'm not that callous - poor kiddo is SO sick, it is just miserable at our house.)



*** On my desk at work ***



Phineas Finn, by Anthony Trollope - I've only just started this one - I'm reading it for the 1% Well Read Challenge (see my left sidebar for details)







PG Wodehouse: The Jeeves Collection - this is the BBC's radio dramatization of several Jeeves tales - I've been listening off and on at work, but I'm not enjoying this version as much as the regular audio versions that I've listened to lately





365 Nights: A Memoir of IntimacyBulleted List, by Charla Muller - a memoir of a woman who gave her 40 yr old husband a birthday gift of sex every day for a year - I haven't started reading this one yet (yes, it is still sitting there, just like in LAST MONTH's post)






*** In my bed ***


Knife of Dreams, by Robert Jordan - this is the audio version on cd, and it's book 11 in the series - I've been listening every night before bed (for more on this, see my left sidebar and my comments on The Wheel of Time)





*** Near my couch
***


The Ark, The Reed, and the Fire Cloud, by Jenny Cote - this is what I'm reading with kiddo now - it's the story of Noah's ark told from the point of view of the animals and it's great! Kiddo loves it so far. It's over 400 pages though, so I think it will take us a long time to get through it. (Yes, this is exactly what I wrote about this book last month. We HAVE been reading, but not that much unfortunately.)






Those are MY books ... what about yours? Join in the fun here or post your list in the comments. Happy reading!

17 comments:

Anna said...

Great titles! I enjoyed Twilight.

Right now, I have Gods Behaving Badley by Marie Phillips in my bag for my commute, Breathing Out the Ghost by Kirk Curnutt on my nightstand, and Wild Horses by Jenny Oldfield by the couch.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Robin M said...

Wow! Great Books. I just put The Ark... on my wishlist. A must read. 365 nights too! Thanks for sharing.

Merry Christmas

Robin of mytwoblessings

Carrie said...

The Ark, the Reed and the Fire Cloud sound fascinating. I'd love to browse through that one!

And I"m off to find out about the 1% reading challenge now!

Anonymous said...

I love the way you organized your list. How fun to read about the different places you read. Thanks for sharing. Merry Christmas.

Lenore Appelhans said...

Not sure yet whether I want to jump on the Twilight bandwagon or not. But I would like to read The Host.

Jolanthe said...

Twilight is one that I'm going to add to my list! I keep forgetting that one!

Nise' said...

Great stack! I have not read Midnight Sun yet, have it bookmarked though. Happy Reading.

Alyce said...

Sorry to hear your kiddo is sick! I hope everyone else stays healthy and that you are able to enjoy your reading time.

Alicia said...

What a great list! I want that Ark book. Looks amazing!!!

Tiffers said...

What an excellent list. I'm definitely looking up 365 days...sounds interesting. Also, HUGE Twilight fan here...HUGE is the understatement of the year. Happy reading!

Amy said...

I think you skipped one of your book locations... ;-)

I love your list - I can always find more things I want to read when you post this!

Anonymous said...

I wish you the best in this holiday season, full of joy and memories, and a healthy, bookish new year! Merry Christmas! :)

Alyce said...

Merry Christmas!

Lezlie said...

Merry Christmas, Heather!
Lezlie

The Bookworm said...

hope your little one feels better. Enjoy Twilight, I loved that series!
Merry Christmas :)
http://thebookworm07.blogspot.com/

Seccionista said...

I haven't read any of these but they do look interesting!

Eva said...

Hi! You expressed interest in my World Citizenship Challenge, so I just wanted to let you know the World Citizen blog is up and running. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin