Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Midnight Sun

Midnight Sun
unfinished draft
by Stephanie Meyer
264 typed pages

I'm not sure that this exactly counts as a book since it is actually an unfinished draft of a book, but this is MY blog and I'm going to count it anyway. So there. (Sorry, I'm feeling a bit smug today.)

After seeing the movie Twilight (my review is here) I felt like a giddy teenager and I still can't get enough of Edward. Completely embarrassing, but true. I'm sure you, my lovely readers, won't tell anyone my secret, right? 'Cause seriously, it is REALLY embarrassing.

So I searched out the draft of Twilight and dug in. I've been reading it on my lunch break at work for the past week. That's not necessarily a good idea though, as I keep getting all hot-under-the-collar ... and then I have to get back to work. Ugh.

I'm not going to review this one since it IS only a partial draft; it wouldn't be fair. But I will say that I really enjoyed seeing things through Edward's eyes. I'm completely bummed that it stops before the infamous meadow scene that everyone raved about, but other than that I really enjoyed it for what it was - the beginning of the story from a different perspective.

Unlike (most) other Twilight fans, I'm going about my addiction backwards: first the movie, then Midnight Sun, then the original books. On Dec. 20, I'm picking up a copy of Twilight from a book club gal and I'm sure I'll have my nose in it during the entire holiday season - I can't wait!

6 comments:

Amy said...

I love Edward. But I can't believe you, the exacting reader is going to read Twilight. :)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

Wow, was it really 264 pages? That can't be right, I zipped right through it... hm.

Anonymous said...

Haha, Heather, I just finished all four books. I'm Team Jacob all the way.

I don't get people who rag on grownups for reading Twilight. It's fun! You will get no grief from me.

Anonymous said...

I haven't read Midnight Sun, I think I'd rather wait for when (and if) she publishes it. But so many people are talking about it,I'm getting curious.

Amanda@Lady Scientist said...

I went about it the same way as you (and just finished reading the fourth book). It's a fun series and light-hearted. However, I do want to warn you that I thought that Twilight was much better from Edward's perspective :-)

Katie said...

I was not planning on reading it (hoping to wait until she published it), but I had to give in eventually. I loved it, and I wait anxiously and hopefully for it to be finished and published!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin