Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Announcing Award Winners in two categories ...

Oh, this is so exciting - there's a red carpet and everything! And I get to announce the winners of two of my favorite Book Blogger Appreciation Week categories ...



Best Meme/Weekly Event

The finalists in this category were:
Booking Through Thursday
Book Blogger Appreciation Week
The Hidden Side of a Leaf 24 Hour Readathon
Tuesday Thingers
Weekly Geeks

And the award goes to ...

My Friend Amy for Book Blogger Appreciation Week

I think it's rather appropriate that the first award of the week goes to the blogger who put this whole thing together, don't you? Congratulations Amy! I hope all of you will head over to My Friend Amy and say congratulations.



Best Commenter/Commentator

The finalists in this category were:
Musings of a Bookish Kitty
OCD, vampires, and amusing rants, oh my!
Peeking Between the Pages
Rip My Bodice
Trish's Reading Nook

And the award goes to ...

Wait! There's a TIE!


And the awards go to ...


Musings of a Bookish Kitty

and

Rip My Bodice

Congratulations to you both! The thoughtful and consistent commenting provided by these two wonderful bloggers makes blogging much more fun for everyone. We all love getting comments, so head on over to both of these blogs and congratulate them with a shower of comments ... there's no better way to celebrate!



This is just the start of the awards presentations! Be sure to hop on over to the other presenter's sites to find out who else is being honored this week - you can check the schedule here. Congratulations to all the finalists!

12 comments:

trish said...

Congratulations to the winners! Well deserved. :-)

Ruth King said...

Congratulations Amy, Wendy and all the folks at Rip My Bodice! All well-deserved awards!

Amy said...

Many thanks for award all....it sincerely suprised me. :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations My Friend Amy!

Wow - a tie! Congratulations to Musings of a Bookish Kitty and Rip My Bodice. How exciting!

Darlene said...

Congrats everyone!

Florinda said...

Awesome! I hope Amy is encouraged by the award and will organize BBAW again next year :-).

I'm not familiar with Rip My Bodice, but Wendy at MoaBK is one of my favorite commenters, and I'm so glad she won!

Ana S. said...

Congratulations to the winners!

Anonymous said...

This week is so much fun. Congrats to the winners!

The RMB girls said...

Wow, we’re going to stop dissing all the stars who give lousy acceptance speeches at the Oscars because this really isn’t as easy as it looks! But seriously, we are so thrilled to have won “Best Commentator” (although since there are 3 of us, we're going to be fighting over the button) because romance fans and authors are a real rabid and opinionated bunch. And so the fact that they haven’t tracked us down and strung us up like Christmas lights for some of the things we’ve said, is enough cause for celebration. But thanks to all who voted for us, and a round of champagne on the house! (it’s easy to be generous when everything’s virtual!)

Literary Feline said...

I can't top Lola, Sheri an Mimi's acceptance speech. :-)

Thank you so much everyone! And congratulations to Amy and women at Rip My Bodice. Congratulations, too, to all the other nominees. You all do such a great job.

Anonymous said...

Thanks to everybody for their congratulations. You guys are too sweet. Congrats to our fellow nominees, and special "hip hip hooray!" to Literary Feline! Waaait. Does that mean we'll have to share the button 4 ways now?! *Sheridan runs to grab a saw*

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! Keep up the great work!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin