Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Saturday, September 6, 2008

Sept/Oct Book Happenings in the Greater Baltimore Area

If you live anywhere near Baltimore or DC, check out this link of all the book-related events coming to our area in September and October. From a mystery convention to a comic con, there's sure to be something for everyone!

You'll find me at the Baltimore Book Fest for sure (yes, I AM the same Heather mentioned in this post) and maybe some of those other events too.

And I just heard about the new One Maryland One Book project. I'm so glad our lovely state is finally hopping on the group reading bandwagon. I can't wait to see what events there will be surrounding this book. If you're a Marylander, will YOU be reading this one? If you're not from Maryland, does your city or state have a program like this? Have you participated? I'd love to hear about it!

6 comments:

Julie P. said...

I was thinking about posting on our new One Book One Community selection. I live in Central PA and our 2008 book is called THE GRACE THAT KEEPS THIS WORLD by Tom Bailey. It looks like a great book club book! The author is a creative writing teacher at Susquehanna University -- another local tie!

Anonymous said...

Our city has the "one book" program. The last one was Life of Pi and right now they are doing The Book Thief. I've never gotten involved because I just seem so busy.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to read your post about the Baltimore Book Fest - how exciting!

Our town has the "One Book" program, but I didn't participate last year; I'll keep my eye out for announcements about the next book.

Susan Elliott said...

Thanks for the list. I forwarded it to my book group and I'm still hoping to get to the Baltimore Book Fair...

Amy said...

I want to come to the book fest...we'll see if I'm feeling ok for it, though. A few years ago there was some big book initiative and free copies of To Kill a Mockingbird showed up all over Baltimore. I don't know if that was statewide or just for B'more, but sadly, not many people were reading it.

Anonymous said...

I've participated in the reading of the book in a couple of these types of events with mixed results.

In some cases (like the most recent pick for my county), I wondered who picked the book. It was The Great Santini, which is an OK book but I wasn't quite sure how or why it was picked. Esp. since I feel there are far more worthwhile books that could and should be read the community as a whole...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin