Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Updating my header ...

You all know that the original purpose of my blog was to catalog what I read for one year, specifically the year I am 30 years old. There was no higher purpose to choosing this particular year, it just happened that I thought of it as I turned 30. My current blog header explains that quite well:
Age 30 - A Year of Books

My project for my 30th year is to keep a list of all the books I read (or listen to) for 12 months, starting with my 30th birthday on Nov. 4, 2007. I'm having lots of fun with this so I doubt it will end when I planned it to ...
I did update it a few months ago to include that second sentence, but I think it needs a bit more updating now. See, there is NO WAY I'm going to quit blogging when I turn 31. And this blog has turned into more than my own personal reading chronicle. I want my header to reflect both of those realities.

So here's the text of my new header:

Age 30+ ... A Lifetime of Books

What began as a simple catalog of all the books I read at age 30 has turned into place to express my love of all things bookish. And guess what? There's a whole community of people just like me out there - who knew?!

Feel free to chime in with your opinions anywhere you like. Thanks for dropping by ... come back soon!

Ambassador of Books ~ Book Club Madam ~ Blogger Gal
What do you think? I'd love your opinions!

Oh, and in case you're wondering ... Ambassador of Books came from this; Book Club Madam is what my book club calls me since I'm the one who gets things done and "keeps the girls in line"; and Blogger Gal is what I've become. And - get this! - I even have business cards with that tag line on them!

PS. I'm also guest posting at She Is Too Fond of Books today - go over and check it out!

13 comments:

Lezlie said...

I'm glad you'll be sticking around! :-)

Lezlie

Ti said...

I love the new header and I love the tag line. Great job!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering if you'd be changing it! Glad you're here for the long haul!

Amanda said...

I love it! I'm totally all for change and love love your nicknames. Great job!

Nan said...

I'm just chuckling here! I knew you'd have to change that soon. I love your blog, Heather, and am glad you're continuing it past 30.

momofonefornow said...

It's perfect!

Trish @ Love, Laughter, Insanity said...

Business cards for the blog, the book club, or your business? Too funny!

Anonymous said...

The tag line is great! And glad it's 30+ now, limits are so, well, limiting :)

Sarah said...

I'm glad that you will be continuing to blog! Isn't it great to find a new creative outlet?

Ken & Carol said...

Keep up the good work. You might just encourage my slacker offspring, or is that a different generation. Hard to keep track of the Xs and Ys etc.

Kate @Midnight Book Girl said...

Just found your site, but I already love it! I too am a 30+ blogger- although much greener in the book blogging world. I was super lucky to start my blog during BBAW, because it's helped introduce me to some truly entertaining blogs like yours! I plan on participating in some of your challenges, and I'm sorry I didn't find your blog soon enough to make plans to see you speak in Baltimore. Hopefully you'll come soon to the Richmond, Va area!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Kate T - I'm sorry you can't make it up here, I'd love to meet you! But maybe some other time. :)

Anonymous said...

It's always amazing to me how one thing (keep track for a year) ends up leading to another. I had a similar experience finding my way into majoring in English and then beginning to write on a regular basis.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin