Here are my finds for this week:
- Tears of the Desert: A Memoir of Survival in Darfur by Hamila Bashir - this reviewer made it sound like a must-read, and I'm convinced
- Isolation: A Novel (Faithwords) by Travis Thrasher - Amy makes it sound deliciously creepy
- Raising Your Spirited Child Rev Ed: A Guide for Parents Whose Child Is More Intense, Sensitive, Perceptive, Persistent, and Energetic by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka - I visited this blogger during Book Blogger Appreciation Week and saw her review of this book - I don't think kiddo is "spirited" in the way the book explains it, but good parenting tips are always welcome here
- Counting on Grace by Elizabeth Winthrop - Nan reads such lovely, homey books - most of the time they are not what I'd choose to pick up, but this one sounds quite interesting
- The Mystery of the Fool the Vanisher by David Elwand - I don't know if I really want to read this one, but Guys Lit Wire had a fascinating review - and the PICTURES! The uniqueness of the art really caught my eye. Go check it out and let me know what you think.
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick - I actually came across Rebecca's review a while ago but I keep forgetting to mention it - I think this would be fun to read with kiddo - has anyone read this with their kiddo?
- Holes by Louis Sacher - I've never seen the movie and neither has kiddo, so that's a good start (Valentina hadn't either). I'm trying to find books that we can read together than watch the movie together; I'm teaching him that there are always differences between the books and the movies. And idea how these two compare?