I'm taking a bit of a different tack this month. I'm going to tell you what I'm currently reading, then I'm going to tell you which books are calling to me from various places in my house.
- Some Experiences of an Irish RM (E. Somerville) - for the 1% Well Read Challenge - I've been working on this one for a few months, putting it down for a while in between. I finished it at the beach this weekend and should have a review up later this week.
- The Mysterious Island (Jules Verne) - for the Lost Challenge - I'm having lots of fun with this book! I can't wait to read more Verne - stay tuned for a review within the next week or so. I carry this one wherever I go.
- A Full House - But Empty (Angus Munro) - for an upcoming blog tour - I'll be reviewing this book on Thursday ... I'm not finished yet, so I've got to get reading. This is with me at work today.
LEFT FROM LAST MONTH
- Why the Wind Blows (Matthys Levy) - from the publisher for review - I keep this on at work in case I forget book #1 - so far it seems disjointed, but I'm hoping that things will come together if I keep reading
- Delta of Venus (Anias Nin) - for the 1% Well Read Challenge - I've mentioned this one for the past two months, and I haven't picked it up since July. I really should finish it, but it's one of those you really need to be in "the mood" for ... if you catch my drift.
- 12,000 Miles In the Nick of Time (Mark & Rae Jacobson) - just because - this one is stashed in a drawer near my bed ... I haven't touched it in several months
UP NEXT (or "BOOKS THAT ARE CALLING TO ME")
- Paul of Dune (Brian Herbert & Kevin J. Anderson) - from the publisher for review - Are there any Dune fans out there? I was SO EXCITED to be offered this book!!! It is the direct sequel to the original Dune, following Paul from his victory over House Harkonnen. I CANNOT wait to read this ... I may have to bump some other books out of the way so I can start is asap!
- More Jules Verne! I have another of his books on the list for the Lost Challenge, and some qualify for the 1% Well Read Challenge as well. I'm just so enthralled with him at the moment ... I wish I could drop most of my other books and just work my way through his!
That's what's on MY nightstand (so to speak) ... what's on yours? Give me your list in your comment or head on over to 5 Minutes for Books to link up to your blog post.
PS. If you are wondering about any of the reading challenges I mentioned, there are links in my left side bar with more info on each of them.